Monday, February 14, 2011

WHY CARRY A GUN?



Why Grandpa carries a gun... PEOPLE ASK WHY? Why Carry a Gun?

My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life
when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's
when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being
killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes
this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there
are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have
lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun
because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't
have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be
prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun
because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a
sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.


I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I
die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.


I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because
men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because
unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.


I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love
life and the people who make it meaningful to me.


Police protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect
themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just
investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to
clean up the mess.


Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take a whoopin'.....author unknown (but obviously brilliant)


********************* A LITTLE GUN HISTORY ********************************
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953,
about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded
up and exterminated. ------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million
Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated. ------------------------------
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total
of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were
rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million
political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated. ------------------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000
Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated. ---- ------------- -------------
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated. ------------------------------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one
million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up
and exterminated. -----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century
because of gun control: 56 million. ------------------------------
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians
disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes,
gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them
of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WW II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they
knew most Americans were ARMED!
If you value your freedom, please spread this anti gun-control message
to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is
supplemental.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT
TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN
RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX
DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment! If you are too, please
pass this on.

No comments: