The following is just a "fun thing" I thought I'd post. I'm an "old school" kind of a guy. I think handwriting and spelling reveal a lot about character, so I take care to "do it right". However, the power of the human mind to interpret information is incredible, as this will illustrate.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rsceearh taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia.
Amzanlg huh? And yuo awlyas thguoht slpeling wsa ipmorant.
***Amazing Home Remedies and Advice***
1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto. The blockage will be almost instantly removed.
2. Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
3. Avoid arguments about lifting the toilet seat by simply using the sink.
4.For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.
5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be too afraid to cough.
7. Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget about the toothache.
8. Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.
If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
9. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom. If you wake up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan.
Friday, October 07, 2005
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment